Temporary Residency Programs

Tourists / Visitors Visa Programs

As the word implies it, these temporary visas are issued to non-Canadian citizens and non-Canadian permanent residents. Their purpose is for people to legally enter Canada temporarily as vacationer, as visitors or as exploratory visitors for business purposes, etc.
Before you embark on this journey, make sure you find out if your country is visa exempt. If your country is among the visa exempt countries to enter Canada, you do not need to apply for a Tourist Resident visa (TRV), however, you will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to enter Canada instead.


This visa is issued to parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents for 10 years in length; however, the visa holders can only stay in Canada for up to 2 years at a time (a regular TRV is up to 6 months) per visit. The visa holders under this category are not and cannot be entitled to enter the Canadian workforce, study (except in a short duration course), receive social assistance or gain access to the health care system.
This visa allows families to be together; for parents and grandparents to spend time with their children and grandchildren as part of the household on Canadian soil. It is worth mentioning that visas under this stream do not have any equivalency to the PR visas.

Study Visa

Do you know if your study credential from your country of residence is recognized internationally?

Why not study in Canada and acquire Canadian prestige designations that are recognized worldwide?

You will be happy to know that Canada has an exceptionally good education system that is world class and sees large numbers of international students come each year to study in either short term programs or in long term post-secondary programs leading to university degrees.

Do you want to study and gain Canadian work experience, which you can then use to gain your permanent residency? The Co-op or internship programs are the paths to take since most Canadian universities and colleges offer these as part of their academic curriculum. Provided you meet all the study permit requirements, your next step is to apply for work permit. At CLAVIE Immigration Services, we can help you with your student visa and your post-grad work permit applications.

Temporary Foreign Worker Visa

If you do not meet the Canadian Federal Business Class criteria to enter Canada as a permanent resident, you can perhaps apply to one of the Canada’s temporary foreign worker programs available. Contact us to find out.