Canada is an industrial country and on the same time produce large amount of agricultural products. Having a small population (compared to other industrial nations) Canada needs temporary workers from other countries to work on farms and factories.
Each year tens of thousands of people enter Canada as foreign workers.
Issuing work permit and connecting them with Canadian employers are responcibility of two organization, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and Human Resources Development Canada (HRDC)
A work permit must be obtained in advance in order to work in Canada.
There are steps to be done in order to apply for a work permit by applicant:
- Receive a guaranteed job offer from a Canadian employer.
- Get a labour market opinion or job offer confirmation from HRDC.
- After receipt of item 1 and item 2, then person can apply to CIC for a work permit.
Currently, following jobs and skills are in demand in Canada and those with the following skills have more chance to obtain a labour market opinion as well as a work permit:
- Motor Vehicle Body Repairers? Light vehicles
- Motor Vehicle Body Repairers? Heavy vehicles
- Motor Vehicle Body Repairers? Automotive Painters
- Motor Vehicle Mechanics
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technicians
- Truck and Transport Mechanics
- Transport Trailer Technicians
- Industrial Welders